Mold can be harmful to you and your property. Some individuals can live years with mold and show no signs of ill health. Others who are more sensitive or who's health is compromised by other issues, can react seriously and sometimes fatally to toxic mold exposure. Protect yourself, your family, and your pets by calling one of our experts to make your home safe. Before allowing  anyone to rip out chunks of your home, call and get one our our techs to come out and discuss all of your options. 

Mold can be difficult to detect because it tends to grow in dark warm places. Some signs that you have mold are if you see it, you have water leaks, you notice condensation, your allergies get worse or you notice a musty odor. If your home has experience water damage previously, then you are more likely to have mold.

Understand what having mold in your home may mean.

According to the CDC, the word “toxic” is an inaccurate descriptor. Molds of all species can grow wherever there is dampness and moisture, like basements, attics, kitchens, bathrooms or areas that have experienced flooding. While certain molds may be toxic, all molds should be removed from the home as quickly as possible to prevent growth.

The truth is – the color of the mold to the naked eye cannot tell you anything about whether its toxic or not. With over 100,000 species, mold comes in about any size, shape, and color you can think of, making it virtually impossible to tell what type of mold you have without testing by a certified mold inspection professional.

We at American Restoration 24/7 are EPA-certified to remove your mold. We start by testing the area and collecting samples so that we can determine if there is a problem and where it is coming from. Our tests and diagrams of where we take the samples from, will reliably tell us if you have a mold problem, how bad, or if you do not. Don't hesitate to call us if you thing you may need mold remediation.

#mold dangers (1)

Mold Dangers in Colorado

Nearly 37 million Americans have difficulties with sinusitis, and as mentioned by the Mayo Clinic, the huge majority of these cases result from mold. Clearly, sinusitis is only one of several threats when you’ve got black mold in your house. The black mold variety can cause fatal problems. That is the reason why it’s so vital to learn the species as quickly as you possibly can, as black mold detection needs to be dealt with immediately.

Signs of black mold are numerous, the most common being the ones that are water related. Regions having high humidity and buildings with poor venting may also be prime locations for development. You could have a problem if you find:

Spotting/warping of walls, ceilings or floors
Cracked, pealing paint
Mildewy, musty odors
Observable mold growth

Beyond the signs, clearly, lie the dangers:

Suppressed immune system
Respiratory problems
Sinusitis and nasal congestion
Asthma
Bronchitis
Lung tissue damage
Eye, nose and t

Read more…